About Well Fed NY
WellFedNY.com is meant to entirely be a labor of love. It is simultaneously a series of sonnets to one of the best cities in the world for types, varieties, and quality of food and a method to get myself to try new places throughout New York City.
A little about me, I’m a man in my early 30s. I live in the Bronx, work in Queens, primarily hang out between Washington Heights, Riverdale, out towards the eastern sections of the Bronx and dabble in the city. Though I’m traveling a lot more these days I’ve realized that my heart and my stomach will forever belong to New York City. My work has me on the road within the three northern boroughs frequently (Bronx, Manhattan, Queens) – stuck with a very small amount of trusted food options, most of it fast food. As mentioned above, this is where Well Fed NY comes in. I’m sick of the same old stuff and have decided that I’m going to branch out, try some new things, and chronicle the experience.
So what I am looking to accomplish with WellFedNY.com is a couple of things:
- I want to gain your trust. I want you to know and believe that I have no agenda and am not here to sell anything. I need you to trust me when I tell you the steak was tough and flavorless or the eggs benedict are the best in the city. Without that trust there is no point to further reading.
- I want to uncover the hidden gems in the city. Those locations that don’t necessarily have the biggest followings but deserve it due to whatever happens there, either wildly awesome or wildly delicious.
- I want to be able to make recommendations for anything within the city limits. Ever had to help someone plan an event and just not be able to come up with where to go for a particular environment and type of food? It happens all the freakin’ time with me. I want you to be able to check where I’ve eaten and know what to expect to a tee anywhere that I have been.
- I want to be able to create a list of “The City’s Best” but genuinely and truly be able to say, hey, I’ve eaten damn near everywhere and this is what I think is the best place to get XYZ.
- Lastly and selfishly, I want to get myself out there and trying new places as well as new food. New York City is a haven for diverse cultures, unique artistic ideas, and immense variety, all of which manifests itself in food. I don’t want to restrict myself to a closed off stable of restaurants. I want to see what the city has to offer.
Like I said above, this is a labor of love, for sure. Along the way we will have some strong drinks, a food coma or two, and most likely a bit of indigestion, but it will always be fun!